The News
The News
Thursday 26 of May 2022

Sex And The City actresses sympathize with Chris Noth whistleblowers


No disponible
No disponible
Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis express their support for women who filed accusations in court against the actor

The protagonists of Sex And The City, Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis, regretted on Monday the accusations of sexual abuse against their co-star Chris Noth and supported the alleged victims in a statement.

Last week, two women accused the actor, known for playing Mr. Big on the series, of two separate incidents that occurred in 2004 and 2015, the first in Los Angeles and the second in New York, according to an article published by the newspaper The Hollywood Reporter.

In his response, Noth did not deny the meetings with both women but stated that they were “consensual”.

“The accusations against me made by people I knew years, even decades ago, are categorically false. These stories could have been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago. It doesn’t always mean no. That is a line that I did not cross,” he said in statements to the CNN news network, which is replicated by the EFE agency.

However, the agency that represented the actor terminated his contract and the series in which he was currently participating, The Equalizer, will not have his presence in new episodes, CBS confirmed.

For their part, the protagonists of Sex And the City, fiction with which Noth rose to fame, did not defend their former partner either.

“We are deeply saddened to hear of the allegations against Chris Noth. We stand with women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend you for it,” Parker, Nixon and Davis said in a joint statement.

The actresses met again to premiere And Just Like That…, a series that serves as a continuation of Sex And the City and in which the character of Noth only appears in the first episode, shot long before the accusations came to light.

The first woman alleges that she was sexually assaulted in 2004, when she was 22 years old, and that she needed medical help but decided not to file a complaint.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the center for sexual victims of the University of California, UCLA Rape Crisis Center, confirmed that this person was treated at its facilities until 2006, without providing further details.

The other woman detailed a similar event in 2015, when she was 25 years old and living in New York, which she did not report to the police but told a friend with whom the same newspaper also spoke.