The News
The News
Monday 26 of October 2020

Budget Reduced for Metro Line A Extention


Photo: Notimex/Carlos Pereda/
Photo: Notimex/Carlos Pereda/
Metro head Jorge Gaviño comments on planning for the project

The director of the Metro Collective Transportation System (STC) Jorge Gaviño has indicated that only 200 million pesos are available to draft the executive project extending Line A from La Paz station to Chalco.

The Metro head said 50 million pesos was reduced, but will do what is necessary if additional resources will be requested.

He explained that previously the executive project was conducted by private companies, and in the case of Lane 12 was carried out by the Metro Project; however for this work it will be proposed that it will be drawn up by the Works Secretariat and Capital Services (Sobse).

“The Executive Project in my opinion should be done by the Works Secretariat, we are in talks to see who will realize it. Why the Ministry of Works? Because it is responsible for doing all the works in the city, we are responsible for Metro operation, then the idea would be that Works has the advice of the mass transit system,” said Gaviño.

Gaviño pointed out that the meeting he had with officials of Communications and Transport Secretariat have some technical and administrative issues that were addressed and are still pending analysis, like how many trains will be purchased and how many stations should be built to cater to about 800,000 passengers per day that are expected to use the extended railway line.

“We are talking about doubling the capacity, then we have to double the influx of trains and this obviously will not reach be reached with six or eight trains, we have to talk about at least 14 new trains, of nine cars, not six,” he said.

THE NEWS/JMR