Navigation
Suscribe
Menu Search Facebook Twitter
Search Close
Menu ALL SECTIONS
  • Capital Coahuila
  • Capital Hidalgo
  • Capital Jalisco
  • Capital Morelos
  • Capital Oaxaca
  • Capital Puebla
  • Capital Quintana Roo
  • Capital Querétaro
  • Capital Veracruz
  • Capital México
  • Capital Michoacán
  • Capital Mujer
  • Reporte Índigo
  • Estadio Deportes
  • The News
  • Efekto
  • Diario DF
  • Capital Edo. de Méx.
  • Green TV
  • Revista Cambio
Radio Capital
Pirata FM
Capital Máxima
Capital FM
Digital
Prensa
Radio
TV
X
Newsletter
Facebook Twitter
X Welcome! Subscribe to our newsletter and receive news, data, statistical and exclusive promotions for subscribers
World

Police Release New Photos in Hunt for Manchester Bomb Clues

The May 22 attack at an Ariana Grande concert killed 22 people as well as bomber Salman Abedi, a Briton of Libyan descent

In this photo provided by Greater Manchester Police a white style Nissan Micra is photographed in connection with the May 22 attack at an Ariana Grande concert which killed 22 people, photo: Greater Manchester Police, via AP
5 months ago

LONDON – Police investigating the Manchester bombing on Tuesday freed two more people without charge, including the bomber’s brother, and released more photos as they worked to reconstruct the killer’s final movements.

The May 22 attack at an Ariana Grande concert killed 22 people as well as bomber Salman Abedi, a Briton of Libyan descent. Police are trying to uncover clues about a suspected network that supported him.

Greater Manchester Police released photos of a white Nissan Micra seized in Manchester, saying “significant evidence” had been found inside.

Police appealed for anyone who saw the car between April 13, when its previous owner sold it, and April 15 — when Abedi left the U.K. — to contact detectives.

Police say Abedi returned to Britain from Libya four days before the attack. Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson said “Abedi made repeated trips to and from this car” during those four days, “and we believe he was taking items from the car to help assemble the device.”

Police also released a photo of a sports bag with a San Francisco 49ers logo, saying anyone who recognized it should contact them.

Police arrested a total of 18 people over the attack, but have released nine of them without charge.

Among those released was Ismail Abedi, the dead bomber’s brother, arrested a day after the attack. A 20-year-old man who was arrested May 27 was freed without charge on Tuesday. His name was not released.

The bomber’s father, Ramadan Abedi, was arrested in Tripoli on May 24, along with another brother Hashim, who Libyan security forces said was “aware of all the details” of the attack.

The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Comments Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Share
More From The News
Latest News

Sessions denies lying on Russia, pleads ...

3 days ago
Business

Senate GOP intent on scrapping health ma ...

3 days ago
Business

Asian shares fall, tracking Wall St, dro ...

3 days ago
Latest News

Washington GOP boosts pressure on Alabam ...

3 days ago
Most Popular

Facebook Executive Released From Jail in ...

By The Associated Press
Business

Former Odebrecht Boss Gets 19-year Sente ...

By Reuters
Business

Mexico and Germany Sign Agreement Suppor ...

By Notimex
Business

VW Forges U.S. Deal Arising From Diesel ...

By Reuters
Business

New Delivery App Rappi Says It's Not Sel ...

By Caitlin Donohue
Business