Navigation
Suscribe
Menu Search Facebook Twitter
Search Close
Menu ALL SECTIONS
  • Capital Coahuila
  • Capital Hidalgo
  • Capital Jalisco
  • Capital Morelos
  • Capital Oaxaca
  • Capital Puebla
  • Capital Quintana Roo
  • Capital Querétaro
  • Capital Veracruz
  • Capital México
  • Capital Michoacán
  • Capital Mujer
  • Reporte Índigo
  • Estadio Deportes
  • The News
  • Efekto
  • Diario DF
  • Capital Edo. de Méx.
  • Green TV
  • Revista Cambio
Radio Capital
Pirata FM
Capital Máxima
Capital FM
Digital
Prensa
Radio
TV
X
Newsletter
Facebook Twitter
X Welcome! Subscribe to our newsletter and receive news, data, statistical and exclusive promotions for subscribers
Sports

Ex-Football Star Identified as Shooter in Double Slaying

Hernandez already is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for the 2013 shooting death of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd

Aaron Hernandez, photo: Boston Herald/Angela Rowlings, via AP
12 months ago

BOSTON – A man who survived a deadly 2012 drive-by shooting in Boston identified former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez on Tuesday as the person who pulled the trigger.

Prosecutors asked Raychides Sanches during a pretrial hearing to describe the chaotic scene the night of July 16, 2012.

Sanches said he had been a passenger in a car stopped at a light in the city’s South End when an SUV pulled up. He said someone from the SUV said “What’s up, negroes?” and then gunshots began.

Sanches said the gunfire struck 29-year-old Daniel de Abreu and 28-year-old Safiro Furtado.

When asked who the shooter was, Sanches nodded in the direction of Hernandez in Suffolk Superior Court, the Boston Herald reported. “Looked like him,” he said. “Hernandez.”

Hernandez faces two counts of murder in the deaths of Furtado and de Abreu.

Prosecutors say he gunned down the two men after one of them bumped into him at a Boston nightclub earlier that night. The former tight end has pleaded not guilty.

Hernandez already is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for the 2013 shooting death of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd.

Tuesday’s hearing focused on a number of pre-trial issues as Hernandez prepares to stand trial Feb. 13.

Prosecutors are asking the judge to allow Sanches and another survivor of the shooting to give a general description of the shooter.

Hernandez’s lawyers on Tuesday requested the trial be delayed.

Comments Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Share
More From The News
Science

Rare skeleton shown of human ancestor, 3 ...

5 days ago
Latest News

Bannon savages GOP leaders in fight for ...

5 days ago
Latest News

IOC: Russians can compete at Olympics, b ...

5 days ago
Latest News

California communities under siege from ...

5 days ago
Most Popular

GOP closer to big win with House tax vot ...

By The Associated Press
Business

McConnell: No government shutdown this w ...

By The Associated Press
Business

Brazil Congressional Committee Recommend ...

By Reuters
World

U.S. Presidential Hopefuls Compete in Ne ...

By The Associated Press
World

Frenchman Accused of Amassing Arsenal fo ...

By The Associated Press
World