The News – Capital Media
The News – Capital Media
  • Mexicans in Brussels Airport Declared Safe

  • Mexicans reported missing were in Zaventem airport but are unharmed in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks

A soldier is seen at Zaventem airport after a blast occurred, in Belgium March 22, 2016. REUTERS/Jef Versele/Handout via Reuters ATTENTION EDITORS - THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY. REUTERS IS UNABLE TO INDEPENDENTLY VERIFY THE AUTHENTICITY, CONTENT, LOCATION OR DATE OF THIS IMAGE. FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR SALE FOR MARKETING OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS. FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY. NO RESALES. NO ARCHIVE. THIS PICTURE IS DISTRIBUTED EXACTLY AS RECEIVED BY REUTERS, AS A SERVICE TO CLIENTS. MANDATORY CREDIT. TEMPLATE OUT. TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY,

22 of March 2016 16:02:26

According to information from Mexico’s embassy in Brussels, the three Mexicans reported missing to the embassy have now been reported safe and out of danger.[caption id="attachment_8380" align="alignright" width="300"]A soldier stands near broken windows after explosions at Zaventem airport near Brussels. Photo: Reuters/Francois Lenoir. A soldier stands near broken windows after explosions at Zaventem airport near Brussels. Photo: Reuters/Francois Lenoir.[/caption]The Three Mexican nationals were in fact at Zaventem airport in Brussels but are unharmed. According to the search conducted by diplomatic officials no Mexican nationals were hurt or killed during the attacks.Mexico’s ambassador in Brussels, Eloy Cantú Segovia, said that all Mexicans present at the airport during the attacks were found.“Five in all were there but none is hurt”, following the terrorist attacks this morning, both at the airport and at a subway station.Cantú Segovia informed that officials have been monitoring hospital where wounded were taken and until now there is no information of another Mexican national affected.[caption id="attachment_8381" align="alignleft" width="226"]Foreign Relation Claudia Ruiz Massieu said the situation would be monitored but Mexican citizens had been confirmed safe. Photo: Cuartoscuro/María José Martínez. Foreign Relation Claudia Ruiz Massieu said the situation would be monitored but Mexican citizens had been confirmed safe. Photo: Cuartoscuro/María José Martínez.[/caption]Foreign Relation Secretary Claudia Ruiz Massieu declared that no Mexican was hurt or killed during the Brussels attacks, where 35 people were killed and 200 wounded.In a press conference, the chancellor said that the corresponding protocols were applied at the Belgium crisis center and authorities from the embassy will maintain close contact to have all the latest information.The secretary shared that 1,500 Mexicans are registered as living and working in Belgium and untill now 100 calls have been received to know the whereabouts of compatriots.A Mexican citizen on his way to Zavantem airport at the time of the attacks described on social media a city in chaos and a “painful and desolating human panorama.”



ShareShare FBShare TWShare WA

Most Popular