Navigation
Suscribe
Menu Search Facebook Twitter
Search Close
Menu ALL SECTIONS
  • Capital Coahuila
  • Capital Hidalgo
  • Capital Jalisco
  • Capital Morelos
  • Capital Oaxaca
  • Capital Puebla
  • Capital Quintana Roo
  • Capital Querétaro
  • Capital Veracruz
  • Capital México
  • Capital Michoacán
  • Capital Mujer
  • Reporte Índigo
  • Estadio Deportes
  • The News
  • Efekto
  • Diario DF
  • Capital Edo. de Méx.
  • Green TV
  • Revista Cambio
Radio Capital
Pirata FM
Capital Máxima
Capital FM
Digital
Prensa
Radio
TV
X
Newsletter
Facebook Twitter
X Welcome! Subscribe to our newsletter and receive news, data, statistical and exclusive promotions for subscribers
Mexico

Mexican Commission Calls for Protocols for Handling Bodies

Morelos state prosecutor Javier Pérez told journalists late Thursday that his agency would follow the rights commission's recommendations

A demonstrator holds a Mexican flag as another is seen at half mast at Zocalo Square during a march marking the 48th anniversary of the 1968 Tlatelolco square massacre at which dozens, maybe hundreds, of protesters were gunned down by the army in a brutal repression of the student movement, in Mexico City, Mexico, October 2, 2016, photo: Reuters/Edgard Garrido
1 year ago

Mexico’s National Human Rights Commission said Thursday that the improper burial of 119 bodies in a common grave is just the latest indication that the country must establish national protocols for handling human remains.

Investigator Enrique Guadarrama López said only 21 of the 119 people buried in the Morelos state common grave had been identified by name. In 44 cases the deaths appeared to be violent, but were not properly investigated. There were three cases where family members identified bodies that officials still buried in the mass grave.

The Morelos state prosecutor’s office buried the 119 bodies in March 2014. Two were exhumed the following December. The remaining 117 were exhumed this June. Only about half had legible tags matching them to their case files.

Morelos state prosecutor Javier Perez told journalists late Thursday that his agency would follow the rights commission’s recommendations and has “no problem with all its points.”

Comments Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Share
More From The News
Business

Snow disrupts road, air travel in Englan ...

2 days ago
Business

German intelligence warns of increased C ...

2 days ago
Latest News

Early praise for 'The Last Jedi' after e ...

3 days ago
Sports

Winless Cologne wastes 3-goal lead to lo ...

3 days ago
Most Popular

Up to 90 Million More Takata Airbag Infl ...

By The Associated Press
Business

New Delivery App Rappi Says It's Not Sel ...

By Caitlin Donohue
Business

Global Markets Cautious as Investors Awa ...

By The Associated Press
Business

Ferrari CEO Opens the Door on Building U ...

By The Associated Press
Business

Coast of Yucatan Sees First Beached Whal ...

By Reuters
World