Mexico City Mayor Miguel Ángel Mancera Espinosa said that there are 93 casualties so far reported in the city after Tuesday’s 7.1 magnitude earthquake.
Rescues are underway in Mexico City after the 7.1-magnitude earthquake near the city that left more than 200 dead https://t.co/CVtfpjQhzp pic.twitter.com/N3TGXyrX8a
— CNN (@CNN) September 20, 2017
Mancera Espinosa said that rescue efforts are still underway and that thanks to the many safety plans in place, there have been extraordinary rescues.
The number of buildings collapsed has also been brought down from 45 to 38, Mancera Espinosa said that this is due to the fact that some buildings that took up space on two different streets were counted twice.