Navigation
Suscribe
Menu Search Facebook Twitter
Search Close
Menu ALL SECTIONS
  • Capital Coahuila
  • Capital Hidalgo
  • Capital Jalisco
  • Capital Morelos
  • Capital Oaxaca
  • Capital Puebla
  • Capital Quintana Roo
  • Capital Querétaro
  • Capital Veracruz
  • Capital México
  • Capital Michoacán
  • Capital Mujer
  • Reporte Índigo
  • Estadio Deportes
  • The News
  • Efekto
  • Diario DF
  • Capital Edo. de Méx.
  • Green TV
  • Revista Cambio
Radio Capital
Pirata FM
Capital Máxima
Capital FM
Digital
Prensa
Radio
TV
X
Newsletter
Facebook Twitter
X Welcome! Subscribe to our newsletter and receive news, data, statistical and exclusive promotions for subscribers
Entertainment

Judge postpones 'Bachelor' star's fatal accident trial

The January trial for an Iowa farmer-turned-reality television star charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident last year has been rescheduled. Chris Soules who appeared on "The Bachelor" and "Dancing With The Stars" had been scheduled to face a jury trial on Jan. 18. On Monday, Judge Andrea Dryer approved his attorney's motion to postpone. No new trial date has been set. Dryer has said it should begin before May 7.

FILE - In this Nov. 27, 2017, file photo, Iowa farmer and former TV reality show celebrity Chris Soules listens during a hearing in Buchanan County District Court in Independence, Iowa. The trial for Soules, who is charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident, has been rescheduled from Jan. 18, 2018, to later this year. A judge on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, approved a motion by his attorneys to postpone it. No new date has been set but Judge Andrea Dryer says a new trial should be scheduled to begin before May 7. Soules lost a legal battle Friday, Jan. 5 in the felony case when Dryer denied his motion to dismiss the charge. (Rodney White/The Des Moines Register via AP, Pool, File), FILE - In this Nov. 27, 2017, file photo, Iowa farmer and former TV reality show celebrity Chris Soules listens during a hearing in Buchanan County District Court in Independence, Iowa. The trial for Soules, who is charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident, has been rescheduled from Jan. 18, 2018, to later this year. A judge on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, approved a motion by his attorneys to postpone it. No new date has been set but Judge Andrea Dryer says a new trial should be scheduled to begin before May 7. Soules lost a legal battle Friday, Jan. 5 in the felony case when Dryer denied his motion to dismiss the charge. (Rodney White/The Des Moines Register via AP, Pool, File)
By The News Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Share
1 week ago

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The January trial for an Iowa farmer-turned-reality television star charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident last year has been rescheduled.

Chris Soules who appeared on “The Bachelor” and “Dancing With The Stars” had been scheduled to face a jury trial on Jan. 18. On Monday, Judge Andrea Dryer approved his attorney’s motion to postpone.

No new trial date has been set. Dryer has said it should begin before May 7.

Soules lost a legal battle Friday in the felony case when Dryer denied his motion to dismiss the charge. He claims Iowa’s law requiring the surviving driver in a fatal accident to remain at the scene until police arrive is unconstitutional.

Soules’ attorneys say he will appeal that ruling to the Iowa Supreme Court.

Comments Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Share
More From The News
Living

UAEM consolidates academic and scientifi ...

16 hours ago
Latest News

Thousands attend vigil for California mu ...

3 days ago
Latest News

Earthquake in Peru destroys dozens of ho ...

3 days ago
Latest News

Missile-alert mistake feeds doubts about ...

3 days ago
Most Popular

New Gmail Plug-in Helps You Write Better ...

By The News
Business

World Stocks Mixed as Investors await mo ...

By The News
Business

Saudi arrests of princes consolidates an ...

By The News
Business

Redesigned Chevy Silverado pickup loses ...

By Developer
Business

France vs. fake news offers test case fo ...

By Developer
Business